We build catering menus with guests in mind. Over the past few years, vegetarian, vegan, and plant-based diets have become quite trendy. We often receive requests to create vegetarian, vegan, and plant-based menus for clients throughout the Philadelphia and Main Line area.
As people seek healthier eating options, the plant-based diet trend doesn’t seem to be slowing down. Vegan and plant-based guests want delicious, satisfying meat-free dishes that are flavorful and robust. A paltry veggie platter just won’t cut it! We pride ourselves on offering creative and exciting plant-based options that appeal to both vegans and non-vegans alike.
Vegan Catering Food Ideas
If you’re planning a vegan-friendly or plant-based event, you need to offer hearty and healthy items that go beyond “rabbit food” and salads. You want to make sure your guests are happy and satisfied.
Among the popular meatless dishes on our plant-based catering menu are:
- Vegan Tomato Bisque – you might think that all bisques contain dairy cream, but they don’t have to. Creaminess can come from coconut milk producing a rich, smooth, and velvety soup! Fresh, ripe tomatoes are the star here, though.
- Lentil Soup – Lentils are a healthy substitute for meat as they are high in protein, complex carbohydrates, and fiber. Hefty lentil soup is filling and nutritious making it a suitable first course.
- Couscous Stuffed Tomatoes – Beefsteak tomatoes are a must because they are meaty, firm, and perfect for stuffing. Couscous makes for an ample filling because it is a type of pasta that, when paired with a variety of vegetables such as squash and peppers, will bulk up the tomato.
- Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms – Portobello mushrooms have a nice meaty texture and are loaded with Earthy, umami flavor. Roasting and overstuffing them with protein-packed cannellini beans, spinach, and rosemary make them a meal.
- Veggie Asian Stir Fry – A vegetable stir-fry dish is often a crowd-pleaser. Broccoli, bell peppers, water chestnuts, and snap peas served on top of fragrant jasmine rice with a flavorful gluten-free Asian stir-fry sauce will delight any guest.
Vegan Catering in Philadelphia
The sky is the limit as far as meatless, plant-based catering goes. Vegan food doesn’t have to be boring or bland; it can be arousing and flavorsome. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you need plant-based food for your next event in the Philadelphia area. We can fully cater to events or parties that are exclusively vegan. Browse our vegan menu here and give us a call at 610-251-0265 to book now!